Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dparizo dparizo is offline

Default Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?

Why doesn't "eye candy" count? That's what charts are.

But I'll name one anyway: the way charts are integrated into the Office
Suite has improved a ton. When I cut & paste a chart into Powerpoint, and
then later go back to edit the chart in Powerpoint, the ribbon in Powerpoint
gives me most (maybe all -- I'm not sure) of the options I would have
natively in Excel -- it's a real improvement for me. It's not eye candy --
it saves me a lot of time.

But again, in the case of charts, eye candy is important. Charts are
visual. When users look at a chart and get distracted because two colors
look too similar (something that happened a lot in Excel 2003) it's a
problem. Excel 2007 fixed that. It is eye candy, and in the case of
charting, it's important.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Name one improvement that isn't eye candy.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"dparizo" wrote in message
I'm guessing it's you. :-) I think charting in Excel 2007 is greatly
improved.