Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Johnz414 Johnz414 is offline

Default MS: Excel: Formula for data duplication between sheets?

Hi Anyone of an Excel Nature,

I keep a months records of my hours that I work as apartment manager
for the owner on a single monthly excel sheet.

However, the owner wants weekly time sheets and he wants them sent to
him now.

I have at least a years monthly time sheets that he wants in a weekly
format.

I would still like to keep my records of my hours in a monthly format
so that I can see what I've done at an entire month's glance.

Is there a "Formula" for automating the duplication of data between the
monthly and weekly time sheets.

Is it also possible to use a "Formula" to duplicate the
"Word-Description" of work done for the data-hours recorded between the
monthly and weekly time sheets?

Can this "Formula" be made to include "Updates", that is if I happen to
change the data in the monthly sheet that it automatically
changes-updates in the weekly sheets and Visa Versa (from weekly to
monthly)?

I've looked at "Filtering", that wont work for what I need. The owner
wants days that I haven't worked included in the time sheets to
evaluate the over all work performance.

I've also tried "=" on the weekly sheet then going to the monthly
sheet and highlighting the cell to be duplicated then going back to
the weekly sheet and pressing enter. This ends up being nothing more
than copying and pasting.

I already can do that, the point is to save a lot of time here.

A "Formula" for automating the duplication of data between the monthly
and weekly time sheets is what I'm after.

It is kind of a lot of copy and pasting other wise.

If you don't know maybe you know where there might be an answer?

Thanks.

John

--
Johnz414