Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Dennis Benjamin Dennis Benjamin is offline

Default How to disable automatic updating

I have set up an Excel sheet in which one of the columns contains a link to
different excel sheet; Rows contain information about individual sampels and
for each row, there's a link to the corresponding analysis worksheet. My
problem is that multiple users access this sheet, and when they save any
changes the links get updated to a path that is not valid for me and others
users. I know how to disable this behavior on my own copy of Excel (under
Tools .. Options .. General .. Web Options) but how can I globally disable
it for the sheet? I've tried UNC paths and drive letter paths, no dice. Is
there a way to lock just the cells that have the links in them? A
file-specific disabling of the update? Any help much appreciated!