Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Embed an array?

The "obvious" is not always obvious.

Tyro

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
seeing as he was already using an array formula, I guessed he might know
that!

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Tyro" wrote in message
et...
Your formula works fine. But must be entered as an array formula

Tyro

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUM(IF(A3:A5="G",Jan_Inc-Jan_Exp))

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"JanetH" wrote in message
I have the formula: {=SUM((Jan_Inc),(-Jan_Exp))} where Jan_Inc is a 3
column
by X row array representing three types of income numbers, and Jan_Exp
is the
same for expense numbers. This works fine.

Now I want to SUMIF to include only the rows in the array where there
is a
"G" in the first column of the spreadsheet (not in the array). Is
there a
way to do this?

Thanks.
--