magpie

Default all macros failing - different workbooks different error messages.

All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way
through - with different error messages each time. When I check the debugger
and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a
problem. The macro has so far stopped on instructions to :
- open a workbook
- select a worksheet
- paste a column in a different place

Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and
without showing an error message.

Excel also seems to be running when I try to close it or switch to a
different workbook.

I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please
help!