Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WRV WRV is offline

Default MAJOR problems with 2007 Filters

"PMC" wrote:

Is anyone else having major problems with Filters and actions
affecting hidden cells.

The problems I am having with filtered lists are that actions such as
FILL DOWN, DELETE, CLEARare being applied to both visible as well
as hidden cells.

It appears to be happening haphazardly, the only way I can tell if the
problem will happen is if I select a range of filtered rows that includes
visible and hidden rows, and right click. If I see "Delete Rows" then
there will be no problem. If I see "Delete" then cells filtered out
will be affected.

I spend all day every day working with XLS and it is a major irritation!

I never had this problem in XP.

Is it just me or is this a widespread bug. So many of my colleagues
have given up on 2007 and reverted back to XP - I dunna want to.

If it is a 2007 bug, has a patch been released yet?

Help please?

I have the same issues that you have eloquently described. I cannot trust
Excel 2007 with any edits to any filtered data, ans these edits are also
affecting the hidden data. This is a major frustration for me.