Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MM Lines MM Lines is offline

Default Formula for Multiple "IF's" or maybe "COUNTIF's"???

Carlo, thanks for the help...I'm almost there. Your explanation works if the
analsis is for only two columns but mine has multiple columns throughout a
worksheet with the target number shown in D1 of your example. Second problem
is throughout the worksheet where that D1 target number is found, the yes/no
is two cells to the right, or second column over.

"carlo" wrote:

Hey MM Lines

In my example you enter the number you look for in D1,
The Range of the numbers is A1:A20 and the range for yes/no is in
B1:B20
i put the following formula for "YES":
=SUMPRODUCT(((A1:A20)=D1)*((B1:B20)="YES"))
the formula for "NO" is the same, just with a "NO" in the end.

hth
Carlo

On Jan 10, 8:55 am, MM Lines
wrote:
I have a worksheet that has various cells of data...some cells contain
numbers. Those numbers span negative (0.5) through (30.0) including half
numbers (21.5). Two cells over from those cells with these numbers is either
a YES or a NO. I want to count how many YES's and NO's there are for a
particular number. In other words a formula will be entered in a random cell
asking for the doc to be searched for all (19.5), when found, each case will
be analyzed by the second cell over for a YES or NO. The quantity of YES's
will be shown as a total in one cell and the quantity of NO's will be shown
in a cell below.