Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Formula for Multiple "IF's" or maybe "COUNTIF's"???

For YES's:

=sumproduct(--(a1:a100=19.5),--(c1:c100="Yes"))

Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007).

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues and falses
to 1's and 0's.

Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail he

And J.E. McGimpsey has some notes at:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

If you're using xl2007, you can look at =countifs() in Excel's help.

MM Lines wrote:

I have a worksheet that has various cells of data...some cells contain
numbers. Those numbers span negative (0.5) through (30.0) including half
numbers (21.5). Two cells over from those cells with these numbers is either
a YES or a NO. I want to count how many YES's and NO's there are for a
particular number. In other words a formula will be entered in a random cell
asking for the doc to be searched for all (19.5), when found, each case will
be analyzed by the second cell over for a YES or NO. The quantity of YES's
will be shown as a total in one cell and the quantity of NO's will be shown
in a cell below.

--

Dave Peterson