Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Converse[_2_] Roger Converse[_2_] is offline

Default Pivot Table in Excel 2007 : Problem with % in Table

Hello,

If your table is setup as such:

prod_id retailer percent
a 1 0.33
b 2 0.33
c 3 0.34

When you pull the percent into the data portion of the pivot, right click
where it is probably saying "count of %" and change that to sum. That should
give you the percent.

HTH
Roger

"spudsnruf" wrote:

Hello,
in My Pivot table, I have rows as PRODUCT TYPEs and my columns as RETAILERS.
When I drag the field of % sales into the data area, it just comes as a lot
of 1's and 2's rather than the actual % sales figure that it needs to be, and
that it is in the original table that the pivot table is built up from. I

I've tried changing the VALUE FIELD SETTINGS to a different value, but
nothing actually give sme the %sales figs that I need.

Any help please?