Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default filter dates by quarter

In a helper column you could have a calculation which returned
something like "2007_Q4", or "2008_Q2", from the date, and thus
identify the previous quarter. There is some variability as to when
the quarters would start, so I can't give you a specific formula
unless you can give further details on this.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 9, 3:03 pm, Larry wrote:
I'm working on a spreadsheet for my payroll, in column
"A" is a weekly pay period end date
"I" is my gross pay for that week
Holiday pay is figured on a weekly average of the last quarter gross pay.
How do I "filter" the date per quarter and then average the gross for that
quarter?