Dave Peterson

If you selected the whole column -- all 65536 cells, how did you plan for that
to fit in the 256 columns when you transpose?

Try changing your range you Copied to SomeThinG SmallEr. <bg.

Joe wrote:

Yes, I know the official way to do this..but it's not working.

I select a column in worksheet 1.
I click cell A1 in worksheet 2.
I select EditPaste Special, click the Transpose checkbox, and select OK.
I receive this message:
"The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
[dontcha just love the inconsistency in capitalization?] are not the same
size and shape. [of course not--i'm transposing!!] Try one of the following:
"* Click a single cell, and then paste. [which is what I did that didn't work]
"* Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste."

Since neither of these worked, the next question is, why the @#$#$ not?

TIA,

--

Dave Peterson