Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Column List to Multiple Columns

Well, the OP emailed me directly, so I sent him a sample workbook
showing in stages how to achieve his aim.

Pete

On Jan 8, 7:28*pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
I am using Microsoft Excel 2007. I have an account number in C:2.
Associated with this account number is a set (in a column) of 3 digit
numbers in W:2, W:3, W:4, W:5. When there are multiple 3 digit numbers
in Column W, there are blank spaces under C:2. When the next account
number appears (C:6), it has it's own set of 3 digit numbers. I need
to take each 3 digit number associated with the account number and
move them into adjacent columns on the same line as the account
number. So, W:3 would move to X:2, W:4 would move to Y:2, W:5 would
move to Z:2 and so on. I assume I need a VB solution. Can anyone help
me with this? Thank you very much in advance.- Hide quoted text -

I think I've already replied to this somewhere else - please don't
multi-post.

Sorry, I thought I had to multi-post. Do you know where you replied to
this topic?

And hence the problem with multi-posting. For your future consideration...

From a post by Jeff Johnson in the compiled VB newsgroups:

"You have posted this question individually to multiple groups.
*This is called Multiposting and it's BAD. Replies made in one
*group will not be visible in the other groups, which may cause
*multiple people to respond to your question with the same answer
*because they didn't know someone else had already done it. This
*is a waste of time.

*If you MUST post your message to multiple groups, post a single
*message and select all the groups (or type their names manually
*in the Newsgroups field, separated by commas) in which you want
*it to be seen. This is called Crossposting and when used properly
*it is GOOD."

Some additional comment previously posted by me:

"You may not see this as a problem, but those of us who volunteer
*answering questions on newsgroups do see it as a problem. You can't
*imagine how annoying it is for a volunteer to read a question,
*research background material, test sample code and then formulate
*and post an answer to the original question only to go to another
*newsgroup and find the question posted and ALREADY answered over
*there. On top of that, if you cross-post your question, all of the
*readers in all the newsgroups it is cross-posted to see both the
*original question and all of the answers given to it. This is
*beneficial to you because then we can add additional material to,
*add clarification to, as well as add additional examples to an
*answer you have received previously... that means you end up with
*a more complete solution to your problem. This is a win-win
*situation for all of us."

Rick- Hide quoted text -