Bob Phillips

Uum, isn't that what it already does?

--

HTH

RP

"pomalley" wrote in message
Pretty terrific stuff. Now, let's suppose that the month is really a

date.
I added a column with the month in it as text, but I'd like to avoid

having
to do that. Rather I'd like to perform the same operation but instead,

ask
it to locate only records within the month of January. In other words,

there
are 10 entries, each with a different January day of the month. Any
suggestions. Thanks again.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT($w$3:$w$200,3)="USA"),--(TEXT($U$3:$U$200,"mmm")="Jan"),
$X$3:$X$200)

--

HTH

RP

"pomalley" wrote in message
I'm using the following formula, but need to select groups whose names

all
start with USA but end with different dept names, such as USA-Travel,
USA-Resort, USA-Hotel. There are approximately 10 dept's that start

with
USA. Additionally, the sum should be for those dept's who have

activity
during a particular month like Jan. Is there a way to include a wild

card
search/find all dept names that start with USA? I've tried using LEFT

with 3
characters designated, but SUMPRODUCT doesn't seem to like it much.

=SUMPRODUCT(--($w$3:$w$200="USA-Travel"),--($U$3:$U$200="Jan"),($X$3:$X$200)
)