Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Adding Columns

=IF(C4="","",C4-B4))
Added one more bracket at the end and it seems to work now

Thanks again

"Kevin" wrote:

BThanks again Martin The one for E worked, but when I put the formula in D in
comes back with a true value.
This is now what it looks like...

A B C D E
DATE GST AMOUNT TOT - GST TO DATE
$10.00 $10.00 $10.00
$10.00 TRUE $10.00
$10.00 TRUE $10.00
$10.00 TRUE $10.00
$10.00 TRUE $10.00
TRUE
TRUE
TRUE
TRUE
TRUE

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Put this in D4
=IF(C4="","",C4-B4)

Do the same to the formula I gave you for E4,
i.e.
=IF(C4="","",SUM(D$3:D4))

Drag both formulae down as far as is needed.

HTH
Martin

"Kevin" wrote in message
A B C D E

DATE GST AMOUNT TOT - GST TO DATE
$10.00 $10.00 $10.00
$10.00 $10.00 $20.00
$10.00 $10.00 $30.00
$10.00 $10.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00
$0.00 $40.00

Column D is C-B
Column E is the total of D to date

How can I get rid of the zero's in D? If I do not enter an amount in C on
given day I would like D to be blank. The way I have done it in the past
is
with a conditional format If D=0 then Format the cell white. I know there
must be a better way.
Next question is if I have not entered an amount for a given day in C then
would also like E to be blank.
It is an expense for so every line will be used, there will be no dates
without an entry. I just dont want the zero's and the TOT to carry on
every
line to the bottom.

Thanks

Kevin