Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default What do I need to do to open my old Lotus WK4 files in Excel?

You had no better plans for the evening, right?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim" wrote in message
Thanks, it worked. Now all I have to do is convert all of the WK4 files
XLS and then transfer them to the new computer.

Thanks again.

"Bob I" wrote:

Read all of this as it covers those files
Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/en-us

Jim wrote:

It's my computer and I didn't set it. Probably a "helpful security
update".

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Who has set this policy? Is it your company's IT department? Or was it
perhaps a helpful security update?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim" wrote in message

I still have my old computer running Windows 2000 Pro. When I try to
open
the WK4 files with it, I get the following message "You are attempting
open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting."

Can I get around this?

"Jim" wrote:

I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of
Excel
will
not open them. What do I do?