Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair Bruce Sinclair is offline

Default Charts in Excel

In article , wrote:
On 7 Jan, 15:08, Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

Another limit is the series formula length, which is around 1024 character=

s.
This can be quickly exceeded if the chart is based on non-contiguous range=

s.
Cheers
Andy

wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of items you can
have on the x-axis of a chart in MS excel? =A0Right now I am being
limited to 7 (e.g. when I try to add more than 7 values to my data
series, I am unable to so). =A0Thanks!

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excelhttp://www.andypope.info

hmmm. I do not think that I am violating any of the above rules/
limitations. Thoughts on how to circumvent this issue?

Do you have header columns/rows in one set of data and not the other ?
If it's just a 7 bar chart (ie 7 numbers), why not just delete it and create
the 9 bar one from scratch ? Sometimes adding data is much harder than
starting anew. :)

As an aside, if you want an X axis with different gaps (eg, 5, 10, 20, 50
...) your only option is a scatter chart. All the others will plot those
numbers evenly. :)

HTH.