Duke Carey

Bob -

You know - I gotta stop putting my $.02 in, because you and other MVPs keep
offering up suggestions & solutions that put mine to shame.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Greg,

Try

=NOT(ISNUMBER(MATCH($C4,Supply,0)))

you can also simplify yours to

=ISNUMBER(MATCH($C4,Supply,0))

--

HTH

RP

"GregR" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a worksheet that has many columns, one of which is a model
number. I have conditional formated this column, so that if the model
number exists in a table(Supply) on another sheet, it colors the cell.
I am using the following formula in CF to get that result:

=$C4=vlookup($C4,Supply,1,False) and it works as designed. What I want
is the opposite effect, if the item is not found in the Supply table, I
want the CF to apply. I have tried:

=$C4<vlookup($C4,Supply,1,False)as well as many other combos to no
avail. What is the formula. TIA

Greg