Bob Phillips

What does happen if it doesn't work?

You could try

=A1&" "&B1

see if that suffers the same.

--

HTH

RP

"MeredithWSR" wrote in message
I am trying to use the "Concatenate" function to join two columns in a

third
column (ie Mr. + Jones=Mr. Jones). On a blank spreadsheet with sample

data,
this works fine, but in my existant spreadsheet, I cannot get it to work.

feel like the spreadsheet must have some setting activated that is

preventing
the formula from calculating the result, but I can't figure out what it

is.
I have tried the "Control-grave accent" step described in Help, but this

is
not the problem. Any idea what the problem is? Thanks!