Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default What do I need to do to open my old Lotus WK4 files in Excel?

Read all of this as it covers those files
Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/en-us

Jim wrote:

It's my computer and I didn't set it. Probably a "helpful security update".

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Who has set this policy? Is it your company's IT department? Or was it
perhaps a helpful security update?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jim" wrote in message

I still have my old computer running Windows 2000 Pro. When I try to open
the WK4 files with it, I get the following message "You are attempting to
open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting."

Can I get around this?

"Jim" wrote:

I am trying to open some old Lotus WK4 file. The new version of Excel
will
not open them. What do I do?