Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jesoldano@gmail.com is offline

Default Charts in Excel

On 7 Jan, 14:45, "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
What type of chart? Explain what steps you are taking. Is the x-axis set to
constant min/max or to automatic?
From Help (specifications)
* * * Feature Maximum limit
* * * Charts linked to a worksheet Limited by available memory
* * * Worksheets referred to by a chart 255
* * * Data series in one chart 255
* * * Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
* * * Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
* * * Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000
* * * Line styles 8
* * * Line weights 4
* * * Area patterns (screen display) 18
* * * Total area pattern and color combinations (color display) 56,448

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVPwww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

wrote in message

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of items you can
have on the x-axis of a chart in MS excel? *Right now I am being
limited to 7 (e.g. when I try to add more than 7 values to my data
series, I am unable to so). *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Hi there. Thanks for your response. I am trying to update an existing
bar chart (which currently shows only 7 items across the x-axis--I'd
like it show 9). I went to source data--series. When I try to
update the values in which I would like to edit (which are also housed
on my data sheet), it only allows me to choose 7 of the 9 percentages
that I'd like to incorporate.