Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default copying filtered data in Excel 2007

On Jan 7, 2:11*pm, mlc wrote:
In previous versions of Excel, I could apply a filter to a data column and
then copy the rows that meet the filter criteria to another worksheet. *this
doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007. *When I try to copy whole rows of
filtered data or just the rows and columns needed, all of the rows appear -
not just those that meet the filter criteria. *Is there some way to make the
new version work like the old version?
--
mlc

In both versions of XL, you have to copy the visible cells only. Look
in the data tab--there should be some button that allows you to copy
only the visible cells. I would be more specific but unfortunately do
not have XL 07 in front of me, and can't quite remember which icon you
click.

Dave