Fredrik Wahlgren

"Joe" wrote in message
Yes, I know the official way to do this..but it's not working.

I select a column in worksheet 1.
I click cell A1 in worksheet 2.
I select EditPaste Special, click the Transpose checkbox, and select OK.
I receive this message:
"The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
[dontcha just love the inconsistency in capitalization?] are not the same
size and shape. [of course not--i'm transposing!!] Try one of the

following:
"* Click a single cell, and then paste. [which is what I did that didn't

work]
"* Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste."

Since neither of these worked, the next question is, why the @#$#$ not?

TIA,

It doesn't work because Excel has far more rows than columns. Make sure you
don't select more than 256 rows in step 1

Best Regards,
Fredrik