Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Excel Formula Error

On Jan 6, 11:15*am, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
I looked physically looked there (as its one of the groups I monitor) and
didn't see it, so I did a Google search which didn't show the misc group
either... instead, it showed the group I posted. I'm not sure why I missed
it in the misc group (it's there now), but didn't Google used to be much
quicker about getting things in its archive than it seems to do now?

Perhaps. But I don't think it's a question of how quickly Google
Groups gets things into its archive. I have used GG for a few years
now, and lately, it seems to have a lot of consistency problems --
articles not found in searches; articles found in the index, but not
readable; articles that come and go. For newly posted articles, some
of those anomalies could be explained as internal servers being out of
sync. But I suspect the more general explanation is that GG is either
having trouble with its in internal network of servers, or its
networked application have become less tolerant of errors or delays.

That conclusion is consistent with another observation that is
happening more often: articles posted in GG do not appear in GG,
sometimes ever, but usually not for a very long time. Yet they do
appear (sometimes) first in MS Discussion Groups. I believe that can
only be explained by problems in GG's internal network, being it
slowness or unreliability.

BTW, there has always been a problem with GG seeing articles that were
originally posted in MS Discussion Groups -- at least, the base
article of a thread. Frequently, I never see the base article in GG,
only the replies; but some base articles do come through. Moreover,
GG usually shows replies that were posted in MSDG; I can only remember
seeing problems with base articles. I don't know if GG or MSDG is at
fault.