Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Help Please

I filled the cells with formulas that return 0 and the formula works fine.

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Just tripped over this thread and would like to comment.

The first sentence of the OP states all cells have an *initial* value of
zero.

It seems that you're reading into the meaning of that sentence certain
suppositions.
The other responders are doing the same, making suppositions.
Many threads here require guesses in order to make suggestions, where the
OPs fail to include all requirements.

Why are you acting as if *your* guesses are the only correct ones, and
everyone else's is wrong.

I read that the cells are *initially* filled with zeroes, which are
returns
of existing formulas.
In which case *your best* formula FAILS!

Many of us here come up with varying suggestions, dependant on our own
understanding of the OPs request.
In such cases, we simply state what differences our suggestions will take
into consideration, compared to suggestions made by other responders.

We don't berate their interpretation, we just state the distinctions, and
await the OP's feed-back.

RD

"Tyro" wrote in message
. net...
You're getting an #N/A error from 2 of the formulas. Once again, the
formulas below presume your data is in A2:L2 on sheet1 and your formula
is
on some other sheet.
Here is HRH's formula, the best of the formulas, adjusted to take care of
that. For errors you can change the ,0 (comma 0) in the formulas to ,""
(comma empty string) to show a blank.

All Excel versions:

=IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!A2:L2<0),Sheet1!A2:L2)),0,LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1
!A2:L2<0),Sheet1!A2:L2))

Excel 2007 only:
=IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!A2:L2<0),Sheet1!A2:L2),0)

tyro

"Ken" wrote in message
A row of 12 cells representing 12 months, all of which have an initial
value of zero. Each month a value is inserted into one cell, with the
value
remaining as each month passes. There is another cell in a separate
worksheet into which I want to place the most recently entered value

from
the 12 cell row, i.e. it will overwrite the previous value.

I've tried using 'if' statements and various formula listed in the Help
files but without success. Can anyone offer a solution please?