Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Determing n=? using COUNT

Hi

If you are using COUNT on a whole column, with the formula within the range,
then you will get a circular reference.

Why not insert a new row 1 (above your header or data) and use
=COUNT(A2:A65536)
(if you really need to use the whole of the column - otherwise limit it to a
range that exceeds your likely usage)

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"CatPEG" wrote in message
I want to determine the no. of entries/column and things were going fine
for
the first 3 columns using COUNT. Then it went into a circular reference
which I figured out how to click on to (I think) eliminate; thereafter I
get
a value of "0" entries for that column, when it should read "29"

Any idea what's going on? All I want is a simple total at the bottom of
each column telling me how many observations were made in that year...