Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt Parker[_2_] Matt Parker[_2_] is offline

Default Speed of Excel When Inserting & Deleting Rows

Gerry,

Roger let me know that the problem is Google Desktop. The program drains
excel's performance. Hope that helps your problem.

Regards

Matt Parker

"Gerry" wrote:

I have my new Vista machine with Excel 2007 on my desk and my old XP PC with
Excel 2002 is pushed aside. The new PC with dual cores, 2 Gb RAM, etc. is
faster in almost every aspect. One exception is inserting and deleting rows
in Excel.

With my old XP/2002 PC, this function is instantaneous. There is not even a
hesitation. With Vista/2007, the aqua, spinning disk appears and there is a
several second hesitation for every insert or delete.

I have all the latest updates and I ran the diagnostics. Everything appears
normal.

So, can it be true that Excel 2007 is just slower? I am creating and editing
spreadsheets every day and the extra seconds are adding up. I wasn't
expecting to take a step backwards in efficiency.

Thanks for any help or thoughts,