sharonkturner

Actually, my part numbers all have one (1) leading zero.
Example: 091-0002, 098-1003
There are three (3) places, a hyphen (-) and from four (4) places and
sometimes another hyphen (-) and two to three more numbers
Example: 098-1812-01
The way the file was sent, there were too many leading zeros.
Example: 0091-0002, 0098-1003. etc.
There are over 10,000 entries--too many to deal with individually. I need a
quick and easy way to make the corrections. Will this take care of that
problem?
Sharon

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Well, do you want to keep the part numbers as text, or do you want to convert
them to numbers?

If text, insert a blank column next to the part numbers and (assuming the
part numbers are in column B), use this formula to strip off the first
character of the cell

=RIGHT(B1,LEN(B1)-1)

if you want the part numbers as numbers,
1) format the column as numbers
2) then enter a '1' in an empty cell and copy it
3) select the part numbers and from the menu choose Edit | Paste Special |
Multiply | Values

"sharonkturner" wrote:

I have a rather large (thousands) db of part numbers that have an extra
leading zero. Is there a simple way to make the correction?