Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default MACRO inside PROTECTED FILE - Please help

MS decided that since an encrpyted file cannot be scanned for viruses they
would just disable macros in them.

A registry entry can change this:

(Dword)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\Security\ExcelBypassEncryptedMacroScan

Set the value to 1.

--
Jim
"ivo" wrote in message
Thanks Shane
i use first of your these you wrote
i really cannot understand that because it is stupid. If someone already
entered my file, why should not be possible to run macro

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi Ivo,

I password protected an Excel 2007 file containing a macro and have no
problem running the macro.

Exactly what kind of protection are you putting on?
1. File, Save As, Tool, General Options, Password to Open
2. Review, Sheet Protection
3. Review, Protect Workbook...
4. Review, Share Workbook...
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"ivo" wrote:

I really can't believe it's happening. I have file that is protected
form
opening and inside the file are macros. My Excel 2007 doesn't allow me
execute these macros when file is protected. The fact that i put my file
in
folder which I put inside Tructr Center location, but this doesn't help
also.
Only, when I remove password, everything is OK.
Please is there any advice for me? File must have password.