Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming
TWR TWR is offline

Default Change text in Textbox on Chart?

After you paste the text into the text bok, try manually adding a space at
the end of the text. I bet it works.

"Matt Williamson" wrote:

Is there some limit to the amount of text that can be changed in code for a
textbox embedded on a chart? I have the following code:

Sub FixChart()

With Chart1
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Text = Sheets("Index Figures").Range("A16")
.Shapes("Text Box 2").TextFrame.Characters.Text = Sheets("Index
Figures").Range("A17").Value
End With

Sheets("Index Figures").Range("A17").WrapText = True

End Sub

I put this in the sheetactivate, activate and open events of my workbook.

If I type test into Cell A17 of Sheet Index Figures and click over to my
Chart1 sheet, the textbox updates to test. If I Copy and Paste a large block
of text into cell A17 and click over to Chart1, it doesn't update. The code
is running though. I've tried clicking into cell A17 after the copy paste
and it still doesn't change the text box on the chart. It only changes if I
manually type a value. What event can I use to cause this thing to update?
If not an event, what code will cause it to update?

TIA

Matt