Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Formula for inserting a $ amount in a Column if certain met

In Fee column enter this formula

=LOOKUP(A1,{"economy","premium","standard"},{50,80 ,70})

Where A1 is the cell with the price level.

Note: you could use DataValidationList dropdown in A1 to choose from the 3
levels.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:04:00 -0800, TRM wrote:

I'm looking for a formula to insert a fixed dollar amount in a column if
certain criteria are met. We have 3 price levels for services defined in a
spreadsheet by a single word e.g. premium ($80), standard ($70), economy
($50). The client would like a new column added to the report which shows the
appropriate price each time the service is used. Rather than have people
enter it manually I would like it to automatically populate the "Fee" column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks