Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Billy L[_2_] Billy L[_2_] is offline

Default Identify the row with specific criteria

Hi

I have a database where column A - D contain country, product, etc, column E
- Q contain Jan - Dec and full year volume while column E contain Jan - Dec
and full year sales value. Product has sales in particular month should also
has sales volume in the same month in principle. Since volume and sales are
derived from different sources, some products in particular months may
contain volume but no sales value.

I established conditional format, e.g. =and(e2<0, S=0) in the sales columns
to identify those cells, however, I have to review all (12) columns to
identify those products. How can I put a formula (in cell or conditional
format) to identify those products which contain whatever month has volume
but no sales in the same month.

Besides, I often use "sumproduct" (or "sum(if" ) to sum up in
multi-conditional circumstances, what is the purpose to put -- in sumproduct
formula, could you illustrate by an example.

Thank you.

Billy L