Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Convert textfiles into excel

I used the above script to import a text file with about 150k lines. All the
data was imported, but it never asked me how I wanted the columns formatted
so everything was lumped into a single cell per row. Is there a way to have
the wizard pop up and allow the user to determine where the column breaks
should be and perhaps allow the user to select which row to start the import?

The users will need to import various text files with different columns of
data so I can not easily create a macro that will automatically separate the
data into columns. The ability to use the wizard would be ideal.

We are running Excel 2003 SP2. Any help would be appreciated.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Kind of you to say, but, well, this code certainly isn't mine. It was
copied off the MS web site about the turn of the century ;-)

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Maniv" wrote in message

Hi Bernie

Thanks a ton.. I have been going through the various replies / code that
you
post at this portal.. Pl keep up the good work..

Warm regards
Mani