Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default return a cell address based on a matched value..

Yeah, I need the cell's address.

On Jan 3, 1:17*pm, CLR wrote:
=HLOOKUP(AO5,E5:P8,4,FALSE) will return the VALUE in that cell........do you
actually need that cell's address/

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave F" wrote:
This seems like it should be relatively straightforward but I can't
figure out a solution. *Cell AO5 contains 12/1/2007. *E5:P5 contains:
1/1//2007
2/1/2007
3/1/2007
4/1/2007
5/1/2007
6/1/2007
7/1/2007
8/1/2007
9/1/2007
10/1/2007
11/1/2007
12/1/2007.

I want to return the cell address three rows below row 5, which
corresponds to the value in AO5. *In this case, I would want cell
address P8 returned, since P5 contains the value 12/1/2007.

Any ideas as to how to approach this problem?

Thanks.

Dave- Hide quoted text -