Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I find a deleted excel file? Or an autosave file?

What version of Excel.

Any version newer than Excel 200 does not have an "Autosave" function.

Only has an "Autorecovery" function which is not a real "autosaved" version of
the file and is deleted when Excel is closed or the file is closed.

Having said that, you may get lucky and the "autorecovery" file may still be
hanging around.

Drill down to

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

and look for any files with names like ~ar35E2.xls or similar.

Double-click to open and see what you get.

As far as not being in the Recycle Bin, see my post to Sandy.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:00:04 -0800, Aladriel
wrote:

My boss deleted an excel file while in FileOpen. She accidentally right
clicked and then clicked delete. We've tried looking for it in the Recycle
Bin, but is not there. Would Excel put it somewhere else? What about the
location of an autosave file? She could at least use that so all work is not
lost. HELP!