Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Can SUMIFS use the OR function?

Yeah, sorry, forgot to paste the link in before hitting the 'Post' button:

Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUM(SUMIFS(Unit_Sold,Product,{"A","B"},Sales_mana ger,"Smith"))

"Ted M H" wrote:

I have a table with columns Product, Units Sold, Sales manager.
Products values are A, B, C, D, E, F
Units sold is a simple integer
Sales manager values are Smith, Jones, Doe
Can I use SUMIFS to return the total units sold if manager name is Smith AND
Product is A, OR manager name is Smith and Product is B.

I tried to use OR in the second criteria argument, but cant get it to work.
I know there are other ways to solve this problem, but Im trying
specifically to understand what SUMIFS can and cant do.
Thanks.