Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Default Can SUMIFS use the OR function?

Hi Ryan,

I may be a little dense, but I don't see anything in your reply that I can
read through other than my own post...Did you insert something here that I
can't see?

Thanks for the reply.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I believe this will give you what you want. It may be a little dense, just
read through, slowly and thoroughly, and try a few examples on your own
scenario.

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Ted M H" wrote:

I have a table with columns Product, Units Sold, Sales manager.
Products values are A, B, C, D, E, F
Units sold is a simple integer
Sales manager values are Smith, Jones, Doe
Can I use SUMIFS to return the total units sold if manager name is Smith AND
Product is A, OR manager name is Smith and Product is B.

I tried to use OR in the second criteria argument, but cant get it to work.
I know there are other ways to solve this problem, but Im trying
specifically to understand what SUMIFS can and cant do.
Thanks.