Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TRYING TRYING is offline

Default how to quick calculate sum of colume A1 to A115?

Anthony B:

Another approach would be to define a name for your range, for example
QuickSum. After you do this, the named range would be available in the Name
Box (which is immediately above column A. When you select that named range,
you should see the sum of selected cells in your status bar (the very bottom
of the spreadsheet). I use 2007 and by right-clicking this status bar, the
Customize Status Bar window appears and mine shows that Average, Count, and
Sum are checked. Whenever I select a range, the status bar automatically
shows Average, Count, and Sum.

Of course, if you type that formula =sum(A1:A15) in a convenient cell, say
B1, you only have to do it once and the sum will be there. Therefore you
don't have to " ALWAYS have to set up formula =sum(A1:A15) to get the sum" as
long as you save the worksheet.

"Dr Teeth" wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:36:23 -0600, "Don Guillett"
wrote:

=SUM(A2:OFFSET(A2,MATCH(999999,A:A,1),1))

Can you explain how that works? That way this newuser would be able to
learn how the command works and not have to ask again for a different
range.

Cheers,

Guy