Connie Martin

What I meant to say in my first response to you is that the numbers still
won't sort unless I perform a delete at the beginning of each number, which
in essence, is pressing the backspace key.

Once I do that the numbers will sort in with the existing numbers in the
spreadsheet. I have even tried the format painter. Still doesn't work.

Connie Martin

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Connie-

Have you tried using EditPaste Special - Values ?

HTH |:)

"Connie Martin" wrote:

When I copy rows from a pivot table and paste into another worksheet of
numbers, which is NOT a pivot table, I can't sort all together (existing
number in worksheet together with numbers from pivot table). I have tried
formatting all to 'number' but that doesn't work. The only thing I've found
that works is to click in the cell of each number pasted from the pivot table
and hit the delete key at the beginning. There's no space there, there's
nothing there. But hitting the delete key seems to "free" the cell in order
to sort with the rest. This, however, is VERY time-consuming. Can anyone
tell me a faster method?

Thank you
Connie Martin