Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Date format defaults to Custom

Hi John,

How do you want the date to appear in the cell?

The Custom format you are getting is a custom date format, so it is a date
format. If what you want is that date format should appear in the Date
category of the Format Cells dialog box rather than Custom, that's a problem.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"JohnL" wrote:

Whenever I enter a date into a cell, such as 1/2, for Jan 2, 2008, (appearing
as 2-Jan in the spreadsheet, but showing as 1/2/2008) the cell format is a
"Custom" format.
Where can I change the setting (??) so that whenever I enter 1/2, the format
is a "Date" format, not a Custom one?