galimi

Joe,

I would set a worksheet_change event which would then compare the results of
the cell typed against the list on the sheet.

http://HelpExcel.com

"joe smith" wrote:

I am trying to figure out the best way to do things in excel 2003. I am
working in a timesheet that is already designed. I would like to have the
staff member be able to go into a cell and type the first couple of
characters that would pull up the client name. I have tried a drop-down list
but the list is over 1800 clients and I can't get is the automatically fill
in names. I have tried a combobox, but I have trouble getting it to stay the
size of the cell even though it looks correct on my screen when I go to print
it the combo box is shorter than the cell. Is there a way to fix that and is
that the way I should go? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.