Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default date formula returns the 15th or the end of month

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+(DAY(TODAY())1 5),(DAY(TODAY())<16)*15)

"Steve" wrote:

I have tried to develop a formula that returns the 15th of the month
(if today() is <= to the 15th) and the end of the month's date (if
today() is greater than the 15th) I need it in the mm/dd/yy format.
I have tried using text and "dd" with if statements but have not
gotten it to work. I figure the end of month date could be handled
with the EOMONTH(TODAY(),0) For January the dates would be either
01/15/08 or 01/31/08,
Thanks for any help you can provide, Steve