Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copy Worksheet to another Workbook

Excel 2003

When copying a sheet from book1 to book2 using right-clickmove or copycreate a
copy, the formulas do not refer back to book1 unless the original formulas
referred to another sheet in book1.

i.e.

=A1+A2 will copy as such with no reference to book1 or a sheet in book1

=Sheet2!A1 will copy as =[book1.xls]Sheet2A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:57:00 -0800, Tail Wind
wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks open and trying to copy a worksheet from one to
another. I am using the Right click on the tab name, Move or Copy, and
selecting copy checkbox. The copy occurs however the formulas refer to the
orginial workbook which is undesired.

In reading this forum, this should not be occuring. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and ....Best to you in 2008!