Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default need HELP with simple excel formula!

Interesting... both Mike and Gord opted to perform the multiplication inside
the true and false conditions of the IF function. Since the value being
multiplied is the same (A1), my preference would be to multiple it by the
result of the IF statement...

=A1*IF(A11,B2,B1)

Rick

"Danni2008" wrote in message
I'm trying to come up with a basic formula today!

I want to find how to write a formula where I want to basically find out:
if A1 is 1, then multiply by cell B2 - otherwise (if not true), multiple
by
cell B1)

Any help?
Thanks in advance