Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default some kind of IF or lookup???

Show us how the data is laid out, and your formulae.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"SLP" wrote in message
Hi and happy new year. I have a workbook that is going to be used to
personnel projections. Big problem came up yesterday and I need to fix it
soon. The end user enters info about an employee and then assigns an
employee to a preset calendar. (There are 24 or so calendars from which
choose.) On one of the worksheets, I have a huge IF & statement that
looks
at the calendar for the employee to determine the number of days for the
first month and then moves across the spreadsheet for the next 23 months
accordingly. Everything is fine except now the powers that be want to
give
people the ability to select either this year or last year as the starting
point. My IF & statement says its too big now and I can't add to it.
Combined problem is the fact that some program people have calendars that
start in different months. Any help would be appreciated as I've been
tearing my hair out since yesterday trying to think of a solution. Thanks
in
advance.