Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Why am I getting 2nd macro security warning?

On Dec 31 2007, 11:58*pm, "Héctor Miguel"
wrote:
however, "macros" in macrosheets are "named-ranges" (either as
functions or commands)

I do not understand that, but that pointed me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Aha! Problem solved!

I had created a named formula of the form =EVALUATE("1+2+3").

When I deleted that, the "Excel 4.0 macro" warning went away(!).

Yup, that's it! When I create a new workbook (no macros, etc) and add
another named formula of the form =EVALUATE("..."), the warning
returns.

I am surprised. Using =EVALUATE() in a named formula has been
recommended before in these newsgroups without any mention of an
additional warning at load time.

Thank you very much for your patient troublingshoot tips.