Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RyGuy RyGuy is offline

Default IF, AND, OR Formula Help

=IF(OR(TODAY()<R2-730,S2<""),"X","")

Happy New Year!!
Ryan--

"Diane1477" wrote:

I am not sure how to create the following statement properly:

I have Dates in column R and comments in Column S. I want to create a
formula that returns an X in column A if either of the following conditions
are true:
1. If the date in column R is over 2 years from today's date, or
2. If there are notes in column S

I am using the formula :
=IF(OR(R2<TODAY()-730,S2<""),"X","")
But the above formula is returning an X in column A if column R is blank.
In cases where column R is blank, column A should blank rather than returning
an X.

Any ideas how to get this to work correctly??? Please help...