Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

Default Excel workbook password - not working

Hi,

When trying to open a .xls file, I am prompted as usual for a password.

Only now the password that I have entered time after time does not work. I
get a prompt saying the password is not correct and reminding me to check for
Caps Lock etc. This can't be so, as I have not changed the password, nor am I
making obvious mistakes. I've opened this important file so many times
before, it's not as if I've forgotten the password.

I am running Excel 2002 on XP at home, no one's had access to the file, it's
just a personal document, not something shared at work etc.

Everything was working fine when I last opened the file on Saturday. In
between, on Sunday, I have downloaded some Office updates and installed
Norton Internet security. Now the password doesn't work any more. Otherwise
Excel is functioning normally.

Any help from more experienced users would be welcome.