Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Conditional formula miscalculating blank cells

One way, which would also trap* any wrong results caused by text strings but
will treat text numbers as numbers
*it'll return a blank: "" for text

With source data running in A1 down
In B1, copied down:
=IF(A1="",0,IF(AND(ISNUMBER(A1+0),A1=0),1,""))
--
Max
Singapore
"Rob in Sydney" wrote:
I am trying to create a conditional formula that will tag cells with data
points =0 as "1", if not =0, then a tag of "0". Excel is identifying blank
cells as though they contained a zero and therefore tags these blank cells as
a "1" when I need them to be reflected as a "0".

Can anyone help / advise how to correct this.

Thanks + happy new year