Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Count of Names in Column A

Try a Pivot Table:

Assuming the names are in A1:A100
with A1: AGENT

From the Excel Main Menu: <Data<Pivot Table
Use: Excel..Click [Next]
Select A1:A100..Click [Next]
Click the [Layout] button

ROW: Drag the AGENT field here
COLUMN: (leave this area blank)
DATA: Drag the AGENT field here,too
If it doesn't list as Count of AGENT...dbl-click it and set it to Count
Click [OK]
Select where you want the Pivot Table.Click [Finish].

That will list each AGENT and the count of AGENT.

To refresh the Pivot Table, just right click it and select Refresh Data

Pivot Table Links:
http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...ablereport.htm
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Hello Experts:

I have several names posted several times in Column A and which will
change
from day to day. How can I count all occurences of each name in Column A
each day. The agents will never be in the same cells and the names of the
agents will change each day. Can anyone give me direction? Thank you as
always,
--
jeannie v