Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Formula for recognition

I thought this sounded familiar!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JamesInNeedFootballInDeed"
om wrote in message

NO... This is my life's work since September. I need to be the
debuiter...I
just need to work out a few kinks. Thanks anyway

"Dave" wrote:

Is it at all possible to attach your workbook, It would be nice to see
what
you have so far,
I am sure there are many viewers that can do this but it would be easier
work with what you have so far,
Try a file sharing web site to provide a link to your workbook

"JamesInNeedFootballInDeed" wrote:

In Case You Missed My First Post !!!
I'm producing a template for a football pool I am in. It's called a
"Margin
Of Victory" pool. Just like most, the person with the most points at
the end
of the NFL season wins. It works just like the name. Each person
chooses on
NFL team each week. Points are awarded or deducted for the "Margin" of
points the NFL team the person chose won by. "Victory" ex: I chose the
Philadelphia Eagles this week and they beat the Carolina Panthers 28 to
7.
I, for choosing the Eagles, am awarded 21 points. Another person, who
had
the Panthers this week would have -21, or 21 points deducted from
his/her
running total.
Heres the trick, and my problem for this post. Each person in the pool
can
choose the same team from each of the 32 NFL teams once. In other
words, my
choice of the Eagles is available to me only once in the 17 week
season.
I need a formula that notifies the input person that I can't have the
Eagles
this week because I used them in week 10. Surely there is a formula
that
recognizes PHI, (the abbreviation for Philadelphia) and notifies the
input
person. I was thinking perhaps a "True" or "False" value in the column
next
to each persons name.
Can Anyone Help ???